The best online reading lessons I have EVER seen comes from the Ultimate Phonics Word Lists and Sentences site: Spencer Learning.. This document contains all the word lists and sentences taught by the Ultimate Phonics Reading Program software. These are some of the best word lists and practice sentences you will find anywhere, and can be used to improve any reading program. Implement this program along with YOUR read alouds at home!
- 262 FREE sequential lessons!
- 4,400 words!
- 2,100 decodable sentences!
- Do one lesson per day starting in preschool.
- Enlarge each lesson on 10×13 paper, or write words on index cards and drill.
- Practice spelling these words as well!
Log in for free!: Spencer Learning.
HERE IS ANOTHER PHONICS APPROACH TO READING. . .
level-one-og-readers-egibbons ~ For K and grade 1
level-two-og-readers-egibbons ~ For grades 1-2
level-three-og-readers-egibbons ~ For grades 1-3
level-four-og-readers-egibbons ~ For grades 2-3
level-five-og-readers-egibbons3 ~ For grade 3
1. Have your children read the sheet(s) independently ~ do 1 or 2 stories per day.
2. Choral read the sheet with your child ~ you both read aloud at the same time.
3. Your child reads it aloud to you. If he/she is stuck on a word, he/she should SOUND IT OUT!
4. Your child rereads it independently again, highlighting the phonetic element in question.
5. For comprehension ~ discuss the text with your child.