Read about enhancing education with technology: http://members.shaw.ca/priscillatheroux/differentiatingstrategies.html
Please check out my LiveBinders that help children learn online at home! These are displayed on my home page. It is very easy to put a LiveBinder together! Feel free to pull from my LiveBinder activities!
My LiveBinders include:
- interactive phonics, reading comprehension strategies, content area activities, books
- sight words
- worksheets to print out at home
- facts that we are covering in class (spelling rules, terminology)
- scope and sequence from our school department
- Use Hyperstudio and PageMaker for writing reports.
- Twitter ~ tweet ideas and assignments! Tweet as parent communication.
- Weekly Blogs to discuss what is going on in the classroom.
- Students blogging about books!
- Teacher created websites to connect with parents with the curriculum.
- Edline is a great way to keep parents informed of grades and homework assignments.
- Waltham Public Schools is now using PlusPortals for family engagement.
- Prezis are so EASY to make! Students can make their own as a portfolio or to demonstrate content area learning.
- S’Mores and PowerPoints can be made by students or teachers (see above bullet).
- Booktrailers as an alternative to book reports ~ students create a book trailer without giving away the ending
- Google Classroom
- Survey Monkey
- Sign Up Genius is a great way to get parents involved in school projects
Making a Timeline:
Read about enhancing education with technology:http://members.shaw.ca/priscillatheroux/differentiatingstrategies.html