Please connect with me on Linked In, and learn about my background!
TOP 6 unique facts about me!
1. I was born and raised in Waltham and I still live and work in Waltham! I have a brother named Jack and a sister named Jill and we grew up on Prospect Hill in the Waltham Highlands! The three of us are only 2.9 years apart.
2. My sister and I married brothers, so our last names are both “Araujo.” Our husbands are from the Azores of Portugal. Some research suggests that our children could possibly be considered siblings.
3. My mother is a retired Waltham Public Schools teacher and my father is a retired Waltham Fire Lieutenant. I have many, many relatives who are/were Waltham teachers and/or directors! My cousins’ cousin is currently on the Waltham School Committee! When I was growing up, my great-uncle was the Waltham Chief of Police, Francis “Doc” Dacey (below). He is mentioned in the published History of Waltham books.
4. My husband and my older son have the SAME name and the SAME birthday!
5. My younger son could read fluently before his 3rd birthday! He could also name the states and capitals, and identify states just by their shape! He was AMAZING!
6. My website gets more than 5,000 views per day! I have communicated with and helped parents and teachers from around the world.
TOP 3 nephew highlights that I am so extremely proud of . . .
1. One of my nephews was SALUTATORIAN (#2) in his high school graduating class at Essex Agricultural and Technical High School 2015 ~ a mere point away from being valedictorian (#1). Read about it here. He is now at Worcester Polytechnic Institute and plans to become a vet.
2. Another nephew received a full scholarship to MIT for his Bachelor’s and Master’s. He was named one of Boston’s newest innovators and influencers. Read about it here! and here: Jason. It reads, “Jason was product manager at Endeca where his prototype turned into a line of business which he drove from inception to $25M in revenue prior to Endeca’s acquisition by Oracle for a reported $1.1 billion in 2011.”
3. My nephew at The College of the Holy Cross is a star pole vaulter and captain of The College of the Holy Cross track team! Here is my nephew’s bio: http://www.goholycross.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=33100&ATCLID=210217788 My nephew’s name is on the gym wall of Algonquin Regional High School for beating long standing pole vaulting records.
TOP 3 FAMILY CONNECTIONS that I have with The White House, NFL, and Hollywood!
I SHARE THESE FAMILY CONNECTIONS WITH PRIDE AS EXAMPLES OF HARD WORK PAYING OFF TO THE FULLEST EXTENT!
I constantly tell my students and their parents that once a child learns how to read ~ that’s just the beginning! He/she needs to KEEP reading MORE AND MORE to grow in skills, strategies, and knowledge, just like professional adults ~ people in politics, professional athletes, and even movie stars, practice their craft MORE AND MORE than ever!
1. I have a family connection with White House Chief of Staff, Denis McDonough. Here is my College of the Holy Cross nephew at a Cape Cod family cook-out with White House Chief of Staff, Denis McDonough! Here is Denis when his appointment to Chief of Staff was made by President Obama:
President Obama says, “Denis is a great friend to me, and to everybody who works here at The White House. He has been one of my closest, most trusted advisers on my Presidential campaign, on my transition team, and he has been an indispensable member of my National Security Team, as well. Denis has played a key role in every major national security decision in my Presidency from ending the war in Iraq, to winding down the war in Afghanistan, from our response to national disasters around the world. . . . Denis is the consummate public servant. . .and that is the kind of type of teamwork I want in The White House . . . .”
Education can earn you an amazing job! Can you imagine working for the President?
Speaking of The White House, President Obama wrote a letter congratulating a student of mine! President Obama reached out to this student ~ twice! I was so honored and proud! This student was a nationwide finalist in the National Education Association (NEA) Dr. Seuss Enterprises Scholarship, a Kohl’s Cares Scholarship award winner, a VFW Essay Scholarship post winner, and he placed top 2% in the world in Math Olympiad. This is yet another example of hard work paying off.
2. My niece married into the Morris family ~ Joe Morris was key in winning Superbowl XXI for the Giants in 1987 ~ look he’s #20! Watch Joe Morris Highlights! I love the play at 6:06 ~ “He may go all the way!” ~ he did. Watch the Interview Introduction, too! Joe also played for the Cleveland Browns. Being a successful professional athlete takes a lot of practice, just like reading takes practice! When you make the team it doesn’t mean the practicing ends ~ it never ends.
PASADENA, CA – JANUARY 26, 1987: Joe Morris #20 of the New York Giants carries the ball while pursued by Rulon Jones #75 the Denver Broncos during Super Bowl XXI on January 26, 1987 at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, California. The Giants won the Super Bowl 39 -20. (Photo by Focus on Sport/Getty Images)
Brother, Jamie Morris, played for the New England Patriots in 1990. Jamie also played for the Washington Redskins and the Hamilton Tiger-Cats. WATCH THE JAMIE MORRIS TRIBUTE! My favorite plays are at 5:57 and 10:34 ~ “It’s a foot race that he will win!” HE SURE IS FAST! THAT’S BECAUSE OF A LOT OF PRACTICE, and continuous daily practice.
Brother, Mike Morris, was a conditioning coach for the New England Patriots (1997-99) ~ in which he received a Super Bowl ring, just like his brother, Joe, has a Super Bowl ring from the Giants. Mike was also the conditioning coach for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers (2002-08). Work hard for your dream job!
Brother, Larry Morris, played professional football in Italy! Larry also played in two games as a replacement player for the Green Bay Packers in 1987.
Joe Morris, Jamie Morris, Mike Morris, Larry Morris and I share a nephew who was a track star at Brown University ~ an Ivy League school!
Here is the Morris brothers’ legacy: http://www.lowellsun.com/sports/ci_15858360 .
3. Here’s a neat little connection. A family member of mine has a close friendship with someone in this photo! (Adam Sandler with his mother) What a small world! Hard work PAYS OFF ~ Adam Sandler started as a stand-up comedian in local places ~ now look at him!
369 total views, 33 views today